The Planners Work Group leads and supports efforts to develop and maintain planning projects, tools, and resources that aid jurisdictions within the Houston UASI region with increasing their planning capabilities.
The workgroup endeavors to fulfill the following goals:
- Develop incident-specific and regional products, including planning templates, tools, and guidance documents.
- Lead and support projects that address planning gaps identified in the Stakeholder Preparedness Review and in after-action reports.
- Lead and support projects related to planning-specific implementation steps identified in the Houston Urban Area Homeland Security Strategic Plan.
- Maintain awareness of federal guidance and best practices.
- Engage with whole community stakeholders (e.g., all levels of government, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector) to coordinate and integrate planning efforts (e.g., Peer Planning Workshops).
- Promote regular opportunities for jurisdictions within the region and other appropriate stakeholders to participate in networking and collaboration (e.g., monthly planners meetings).
- Respond to assistance requests through the Houston UASI Regional Collaboration Committee.
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2022
Location: In-Person, Location TBD
Future Meeting Schedule
The Planners Work Group meets the second Tuesday of every month. One meeting per quarter is held in-person only at different locations; the remaining meetings are held virtually.
Peer Planning Workshops
For information about upcoming workshops and products and documents from previous workshops, please click HERE.
Point of Contact Information
RCC Request Assistance Packet (Formerly Houston Urban Area Planner Assistance Request Form)