The Houston UASI Regional Recovery Workgroup exists to discover, develop, and deliver recovery programs and resources to the Houston-Galveston Area Council Region of southeast Texas.
The workgroup endeavors to fulfil the following goals:
- Develop regional products, including planning templates, operational tools, and field operating guides
- Maintain awareness of federal guidance and best practices
- Bring recovery training courses to the region and develop training where gaps exist
- Develop and conduct regional exercises
- Engage with state and federal recovery programs
- Maintain awareness of funding opportunities
Resources developed by the workgroup can be found at https://houstonuasi.com/recovery-resources.
Members of the workgroup meet frequently at different locations within the five-county UASI footprint; however, there is no standardized meeting date and time. Meetings are open to anyone with a passion for recovery planning and community preparedness. If you would like more information about the workgroup or its products, reach out to one of its co-chairs:
City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security
832-393-0933 // email@example.com
Disaster Recovery Manager
Fort Bend County Homeland Security & Emergency Management
281-342-6185 // firstname.lastname@example.org