The Houston UASI Regional Recovery Workgroup exists to discover, develop, and deliver recovery programs and resources to the Houston-Galveston Area Council Region of southeast Texas.
The workgroup endeavors to fulfill the following goals:
- Develop regional products, including planning templates, operational tools, and field operating guides.
- Maintain awareness of federal guidance and best practices.
- Bring recovery training courses to the region and develop training where gaps exist.
- Develop and conduct regional exercises.
- Engage with state and federal recovery programs.
- Maintain awareness of funding opportunities.
Resources developed by the workgroup can be found at https://houstonuasi.com/recovery-resources.
Members of the workgroup meet frequently at different locations within the five-county UASI footprint; however, there is no standardized meeting date and time. Meetings are open to anyone with a passion for recovery planning and community preparedness. If you would like more information about the workgroup or its products, reach out to one of its co-chairs:
Assistant Emergency Management Coordinator
City of Sugar Land Office of Emergency Management
281-275-2860 // email@example.com
Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management