- Coordinate planning: Coordinate Planning: Determine sUAS program requirements and set minimum standards for Public Safety sUAS operations in the region.
- Coordinate FAA COAs: Assist jurisdictions in the region with completing FAA COAs and waivers as needed.
- Coordinate to reduce the impact of multiple requests form the region on FAA or towers at local airports.
- Investigate interoperability: Pursue interoperability between software, hardware, and firmware as possible to ensure seamless interoperability in regional responses. Minimize interference with manned aircraft operations.
- Develop policy: Develop policy for the operation and purchase of sUAS equipment within the Houston UASI jurisdictions.
- Training: Identify training to support missions of special teams (e.g. SWAT, HAZMAT, Technical Rescue). Work with Training and Exercise work group to integrate sUAS operations into regional exercises and provide training locally when possible.
- Force multiplier: Investigate policy, research vendors, test equipment, and represent region to State and Federal partners.
The sUAS Work Group will fall under the Regional Collaboration Committee, which is governed by the Executive Committee and the Urban-Area Working Group.
The following Houston UASI Work Groups will work closely the sUAS Work Group to provide multi-disciplinary guidance and insight.
Any UASI jurisdictions or non-profit or governmental partners with sUAS operations in the region, planned or current, may designate representatives as needed. Vendors can be invited on an as-needed basis following the format set forward by the Regional Collaboration Committee’s Technology Work Group (limited participation on an as-needed basis). Focus will be paid on ensuring participation from Police, Fire, EMS, and sUAS practitioners in the field.
This group meets monthly on the second Thursday and is an informal consensus-based work group; we work on projects and present recommendations to the parent committee (Regional Collaboration) where action can be taken if needed. Common work products for this type of group include templates, policy recommendations, and Standard Operating Guidelines.
- September 5, 2019 – 2:00 – 3:30 P.M. @ Houston Emergency Center (HEC) 2081
- October 3, 2019 – 2:00 – 3:30 P.M. @ Houston Emergency Center (HEC) 2081
- November 7, 2019 – 2:00 – 3:30 P.M. @ Houston Emergency Center (HEC) 2081
- December 5, 2019 – 2:00 – 3:30 P.M. @ Houston Emergency Center (HEC) 2081
Point of Contact Information
- Lach Mullen (Co-Chair) email@example.com
- Patrick Hagan (Co-Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Showing 1–9 of 15