The Houston Fire Department Val Jahnke Training Facility (VJTF) will host two 4-hour ICS Forms courses on Monday August 26, 2019.
- Cost: $0.00
- Dates: August 26
- Times: 8am-Noon or 1pm-5pm
- Location: The Houston Fire Department Val Jahnke Training Facility (8030 Braniff St., Houston, TX 77061)
- Available Positions: Each Session has limited amount of seats available. FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE
- To Register: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line: ICS Forms. In the body of the email specify AM Class or PM Class.
- Questions: Call Bear Wilson, 281-507-8702 or Email Jason.Wilson@houstontx.gov
Learn about and use the most common Incident Command System (ICS) forms. The course will prepare you to work with the ICS Forms used in the Incident Command Planning process to assist in the development of an Incident Action Plan (IAP).
You will be introduced to the forms and will practice how to develop and write effective objectives to manage an expanding all-hazards incident. The course will allow you to learn and experience the benefits of using the forms in responding to emergencies or managing planned events.
- ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- The 15 most common ICS forms
- Forms used in the development of an Incident Action Plan (IAP)
- Developing SMART objectives
The target audience should include entry-level personnel from local agencies, including representatives from:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
Additionally, jurisdictions are strongly encouraged to invite representatives from:
- Local Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Emergency communications organizations
- Other governmental and quasi-governmental agencies
- Organizations such as school systems and the National Guard
- Other non-governmental, private industry, and federal emergency response agencies
- Representatives from higher education institutions located within or support the jurisdiction